Skip to main content

Unboxing Icingdeath

"Chill!" - Mr. Freeze

I've lately been on an ebay kick.  I've been searching for minis and trying to find some cool stuff for my campaigns.  I stumbled across the gargantuan dragons, and I felt like they would be an awesome epic threat to my campaigns (as well as being dragons).  Unfortunately, most of them were pretty expensive and hard to find.  

I did some exploring on Amazon, and I was able to stumble across a gargantuan white dragon for cheap.  I quickly ordered the special set.  

And so today, I was able to unbox it.

The dragon came in this box.




After cutting the tape and opening it up, I pulled out the cardboard that the miniatures were attached to.



Inside the box was another little case with the map, scenario packet, and the cards.




Once that was done, it was time to look at the minis.  Wulfgar and Drizzt seemed to have paint jobs that were sub par for most of the other minis I have purchased, and Wulfgar's hammer was broken.  I searched for the other half, but couldn't find it.  Oh well.  It's a small price to pay, as I got a great deal on the minis.  Honestly, the Wulfgar mini could now be used as a brawling fighter, or something else.  Minis don't even have to be perfect for PC's.  People need to use their imagination as well, so I'm not really upset. 

Happy with two new minis!

The dragon on the other hand was perfect, which was exactly what I wanted. 




The package also came with a double sided map, a snow village and an ice cave.  Both are really cool and fit with the theme.  I could see these being used in my campaigns for mountainous regions or even locations in the Elemental Chaos or the Prince of Frost's demesne.  I did notice that the village looks very similar to the snow village map from the Monster Vault.  It's not a big deal, as they can be combined to create one large village.

Ice Village from the boxed set
Monster Vault Map
Ice Cavern
Frenzy, Alfred the Wise, Ragnarok and Gregg go toe to toe with the dragon while Caitrisana fires spells at it.  Llenherd stands by to protect the eladrin warlock, on Ragnarok's orders.
Special thanks to my girlfriend for her overwhelming support on this entire blog.  You're the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gen Con 2012 (or There and Back Again)

"Well I'm back." - Samwise, The Return of the King I spent this last weekend at Gen Con, and, due to traveling, did not get a chance to update Artificer's Intuition.  My apologies.  I hope that everybody enjoys had a good weekend without an update from me. :) The Wizards of the Coast booth in the central showroom had a lot of awesome things.  I got my drow dice bag and was able to get my d4 just from getting my picture taken with Lolth, the Demon Queen of Spiders.  I think she looks scarier here then on the cover of the Monster Manual 3 (no offense to the artist). Me, in shocked surprise.  Note the hobbit-like backpack I'm wearing.  There was also a really cool statue of Drizzt Do'Urden and Guenhwyvar. The worst thing for me was that soon after my near-death encounter with Lolth, I spied a drow wizard receiving the blessings of the spider goddess for himself.  I needed to watch my back. I spent the next couple of hours on Satu

Revisiting 4th Edition - Fortune Cards

An interesting mechanic that caught my eye as I returned to 4e was that of Fortune Cards. As I previously stated in an earlier post, one of the stores by my house still had a few packs of Fury of the Feywild. Those that have read this blog or read my tweets know that I am huge fan of the Feywild and the fey creatures that inhabit that realm, so when I was perusing 4e things from the past, picking up packs of cards with 'Feywild' in the set name was a no-brainer.                                                                                                                        As I tweeted while writing this post, it's amazing to me that despite the Fortune Cards arriving on scene circa 2011, there is very little record of them online. It's difficult to find images of many of the cards, even when googling their specific names! I find that to be quite shocking, especially since I can find card lists and images for the Star Wars CCG and Lord of the Rings TCG, both of

Revisiting the Trinket Lord

As I’ve gone back to dive into the options that are 4e D&D, I took another hard look at something near and dear to my heart: my 4e published article, The Trinket Lord. Published in Dungeon 205 (August 2012), it was another article in the Court of Stars series about the Archfey. With GenCon 2017 occurring right now, I figured it's a good time to talk about such things again.  I had always found the Court of Stars articles extremely intriguing and full of adventure hooks, but when I pitched this article, only two existed, The Prince of Frost (Dragon 374) and the Bramble Queen (Dungeon 185). The Trinket Lord was originally pitched back in April 2012, when WotC accepted article submissions for their Dragon and Dungeon magazines. My contact for the entire process was Greg Bilsland (which was a major “whoa!” moment for me). I consider my relatively short interactions with Greg to have been extremely insightful, as he gave me a good mix of compliments and critiques and helped me